Sunday, June 12, 2011

JDSLabs CMoyBB 2.03 Headphone Amplifier

This is my first to time to try out a headphone amplifier so I don't really have any point of comparison. Also, I do not own any high-impedance cans or iems to fully hear the potential of this amp. But throughout my three-day experience with this compact portable headphone amplifier I can honestly say it satisfies me enough.


Listening to it with a pair of headphones having an impedance of 16ohms, it gives extra life to the sound stage produced by my Jays t-JAYS Three but more distinctly with my Koss PortaPro. I am no expert and definitely not an audiophile (yet, haha) but this thing produces sounds that are much formed than that of the audio source alone, which is by the way, a Sony Walkman S545 (don't be fooled, this player will own the sound quality of your 3rd gen iPod :>), equalizer set to flat.

This magical thing has a switch for the bass boost when you flip open it. And when you flick the switch, the bass pumps up wonderfully and it is very distinct from that of the Clear Bass feature of my Walkman. The bass becomes richer and it doesn't eat up the sound stage at all. It really does magic.

That is all I can say for now until I have the money to buy a new gear, Head-Direct's RE0 maybe, or the Grado SR80i.

No comments:

Post a Comment